Online preschool and kindergarten registration through Infinite Campus is coming in April. Details will be available after Spring Break. Kindergarten students must be 5...
Spring ball season will be here soon. Registration is scheduled throughout the county: Caneyville: March 3 and March 10, 5 – 7 pm March 6, 10 am - noon Purple Flash...
The GCHS Family and Consumer Science program has received a tasty treat that will keep on giving, as participants in the King Arthur Baking Company “Bake for Good...
Grayson County elementary schools recently competed in District Governors Cup academic team competition, with Clarkson taking the Championship spot, and Caneyville a close...
Headed for the Finals! Congratulations to GCHS sophomore orchestra students Dawson Gorby, cello, and Michell Lynch, violin, selected as Governor’s School for the Arts...
Congratulations to these GCMS and GCHS musicians on their selection by virtual audition to the Fourth District, All-District Band. From GCMS: Shawni Poole, 1st chair...
Family Resource & Youth Service Centers across Kentucky are celebrating 30 years of service. Hats off to our own tremendous FRYSC directors and staff for the commitment,...
EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 1: Internet access is more important than ever – for school, for home and for work – in our community and across Kentucky. The KY Broadband Initiative...
Congratulations to the GCHS Academic Team on its success in the District 12 Governor's Cup competition. The following individuals and teams will be advancing to the...
The 2021-22 School Year calendar has been approved. Thanks to everyone who took the surveys. You can find a link to it at: https://bit.ly/GCS21-22
Congratulations to GCHS senior Madison Edwards, recently selected to participate in the 2021 American Quarter Horse Association Ranching Heritage Young Horse Development...
The accolades continue for GCHS music programs. All-State Orchestra has been announced with five GCHS musicians earning the honors. Congratulations to Dawson Gorby,...
PROFILE OF A GRAYSON COUNTY SCHOOLS GRADUATE
- High self-standards and motivation; acts with integrity
- Models a positive attitude, diligent work ethic
- Strives for excellence and continual improvement
- Actively engages in community and civic life
- Listens actively
- Speaks purposefully to inform and influence; writes clearly
- Engages in technologies and social media while maintaining a responsible digital footprint
- Positively deals with praise and criticism
- Asks questions, willing to listen open-mindedly to understand different points of view
- Creatively uses information and resources
- Seeks and applies innovative strategies
- Adaptable approach to challenges and opportunities
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish a common goal
- Open-minded to diverse ideas
- Flexible to change; prioritizes group needs over self when appropriate
- Resolves conflict peacefully and productively
- Sets short-term goals to achieve long-term outcomes
- Initiates learning, growth and selfimprovement
- Growth mindset; willing to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Persists to accomplish difficult tasks, overcome barriers; seeks help when needed
790 Shaw Station Rd, Leitchfield, KY 42754, USA
Vision: Excellence in education, skills for life – every student future-ready
Mission: Start, Solve, Share, Succeed – inspiring and empowering individual excellence in the classroom, in the community and in life